Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wow, So I just read over my older posts and it it crazy to see where I started on this project and how it turned out. I started off want to do a paper on the connection between music and teen substance abuse, which I obviously didn't stick with. It is funny to see how the paper just grew from there. To be honest for a while I didn't think that keeping a journal about my project was worth doing, and I was just doing it because it was required and is counted as a project for the class. Now looking at it though it is really a great thing. Even though it has only been 13 weeks it still feels like looking at an old year book. To see how this project has grown and how I have grown over this project. I have done research and really gained knowledge on the topic of the media. My essay was on how magazines use manipulation on make women feel that they need to change themselves. At the end of the essay I state that a change need to be made and women need to be educated on this issue. I feel like doing this research has educated me on this topic and I now know what the media is doing and I feel that I am less susceptible to their tricks after doing this project. I think that anyone who reads my essay will be educated as well, and may too be less susceptible to the tricks of the media, and if I can get anyone to feel this way it will truly be a rewarding feeling. I have sent my paper to couple friends to get their feedback on it and while they are not experts in the field they thought that the essay was easy to read and understand. This was also a great feeling to have. Well I have to go get ready then turn in my final draft. What an exciting day!!! This post may have been a bit scatter brained , but that is just because I have so many things buzzing around in my head right now.
I'll write to you all later! Goodbye !

No comments:

Post a Comment